Grants Application Information
REF accepts applications from teachers, principals, and members of the community, working in partnership with Reading schools.
NEW! Professional Development rolling deadline Grant Fund
For 2017 grant cycle, REF has set aside up to $15,000 for professional development for teachers in Reading Public School system. REF will pilot this program from June 1st until December 31, 2017.
- Download and complete application below, including all needed signatures; Signatures can be electronic
- After obtaining Assistant Superintendent’s signature, district office must submit application to: email@example.com
- REF will review and approve/deny application within 2 weeks of receipt, and will submit requested funds to the administration
- REF will not reimburse travel, room and board
- Professional development opportunity must be held within one year of date of application
- REF has complete discretion for approving all grants
- Please allow enough time before program registration deadline to obtain required signatures and a two-week processing phase for REF
- As a recipient, REF will ask you to provide material that can be used for public relations, such as print material, photos or website link
- Please contact REF with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Grant Program
- Grants must have the support of participating departments/teachers and be approved by the school principal and superintendent’s office. Please check with your principal for internal deadlines!
- For grants requesting the purchase of technology, the school’s Technology Integration Specialist must ensure the most cost-efficient configuration has been proposed, and specify how the equipment will be supported, maintained and integrated into the existing school technology infrastructure.
- Applications must be submitted via the superintendent’s office. Applications received directly from applicants will not be accepted for consideration.
Writing the Proposal
Successful applications will reflect thoughtful planning, clearly-stated content and context of the project, and assure appropriate use of Foundation funds.
Grant Applicant Responsibilities:
- Review What is Funded, the REF Mission, and all Application Information before submitting an application
- Meet with REF grant committee to clarify grant request, if necessary
- Inform REF of any changes in the implementation of the project
- Include all descriptive information, quotes, and vendor information
- Notify REF if the grant recipient leaves the school system or changes positions before completion of the project
- Meet, if requested, with REF member(s) for a brief evaluation of the project. This will help REF better understand and support future requests
Community financial support and awareness is crucial as REF strives to enhance and increase educational opportunities for all Reading students. We ask that grant recipients, administrators and teachers support REF’s mission with active and vigorous promotion of all grants.
Grant Recipient Responsibilities:
- Inform parents of the students involved in the project that it is REF-funded
- Present the project to other faculty members at teacher conferences and professional development sharing days
- Publicize the grant in PTO newsletters, Edline, the Reading Advocate, Reading Chronicle and Reading Patch
- Forward a copy of any promotional print material or website link to REF Grant Committee
- Provide status reports and promotional materials in a timely manner when requested
- Verify student images shown in promotional material have signed release forms on file in school office
- Use the tag line “This project is supported by a grant from the Reading Education Foundation” both in writing and orally
- Attach REF stickers to all hardware
Contact us with any questions: email@example.com